For nearly 20 years, I have had the opportunity to enjoy a career curating and creating
beautiful, functional, colorful and unique spaces for residential, retail and commercial clients.
My experience includes residential design, renovations and new construction as well as merchandising and visual design for small local businesses as well as the international brands of Jonathan Adler and Arhaus Furniture. I currently work with YellowHammer Design and Construction in Birmingham, Alabama as the lead designer and project manager. My work includes design concepts, material selections and sourcing as well as walking our clients through the full process from design through construction to a finished product!
I consider my specialties to be working with color and textiles, material selections and designing and painting custom wall treatments. I am also a pro at the finishing touches! I am all about the details that complete your space and make home feel cozy and happy!
My Guidelines for a Happy Home
1. Beautiful things are beautiful regardless of the price tag. You don't need a big budget to design a happy home.
2. It is your home and should reflect, work for and delight YOU! I consider it the highest compliment when your friends say about your home- "it's so YOU!"
3. At the end of the project, you live there. I get to take pretty pictures and leave. Therefore, if you don't LOVE it, it doesn't belong!
4. If it makes you happy, it should be in your home. Sometimes you just need a little help finding the right way to incorporate life's treasures (grandma's armoire, your childhood bed, a painting you're attached to, etc.) into the design.
5. I aim to make rooms picture perfect AND lovingly livable.
6. Home is a place for you to rest, relax, enjoy, celebrate, laugh and live. It should be a JOY to return to everyday.
7. Investing in thoughtfully planning, organizing and designing your home can bring inner peace on a daily basis ;)
8. Everyone needs colors in their life- some need lots and some just need a pop! I can help prescribe the dosage.
9. Good design involves common sense and creativity. If you have 4 kids and a labrador, we're going to skip the white sofa, but that doesn't mean you can't have an elegant living room. Beauty without function can get ugly FAST!
10. You should LOVE where you LIVE. Home should always be your happy place.
© 2024 by Bridget McCart Interiors.