My name is Bridget McCart and, as a decorator for over 15 years, I love helping people love their homes.
I grew up in Mississippi and after living in Austin, Texas, for several years, I was excited to return to the South and always loved Birmingham! Living away from the area revealed to me how much I truly love Southern homes and the value we put on making them a place that our family and friends can enjoy in both comfort and style.
Thank you for visiting my website. I hope you'll take a little time to explore this glimpse of my work.
I think you'll see my passion for making each home a happy one.
My Guidelines for a Happy Home
1. Beautiful things are beautiful regardless of the price tag. You don't need a big budget to design a happy home.
2. It is your home and should reflect, work for and delight YOU! I consider it the highest compliment when your friends say about your home- "it's so YOU!"
3. At the end of the project, you live there. I get to take pretty pictures and leave. Therefore, if you don't LOVE it, it doesn't belong!
4. If it makes you happy, it should be in your home. Sometimes you just need a little help finding the right way to incorporate life's treasures (grandma's armoire, your childhood bed, a painting you're attached to, etc.) into the design.
5. I aim to make rooms picture perfect AND lovingly livable.
6. Home is a place for you to rest, relax, enjoy, celebrate, laugh and live. It should be a JOY to return to everyday.
7. Investing in thoughtfully planning, organizing and designing your home can bring inner peace on a daily basis ;)
8. Everyone needs colors in their life- some need lots and some just need a pop! I can help prescribe the dosage.
9. Good design involves common sense and creativity. If you have 4 kids and a labrador, we're going to skip the white sofa, but that doesn't mean you can't have an elegant living room. Beauty without function can get ugly FAST!
10. You should LOVE where you LIVE. Home should always be your happy place.
© 2014 by Bridget McCart Interiors. Proudly created with Wix.com